Reporter: Lyn Tolbert (Gen 11)
Subjects: Jensen (Master Spellcaster/Dad) & Natasha (The Anchor/Mom)
Lyn: Alright, let’s get into the messy stuff. Aunt Alicia has basically already picked out Nadine’s coronation outfit, and Aunt Winona is practically vibrating waiting for her first magical spark. How do you two feel about being the parents of the most 'tugged-at' infant in the 11th generation?
Natasha: (Sighs, rubbing her temples) It’s exhausting, Lyn. I want her to have a normal childhood—well, as normal as you can get in a family with 48 households. I don't want her to be a symbol for Alicia’s 'Empire' before she can even walk.
Jensen: (Adjusting his shirt, looking a bit stressed) And the pressure from Winona isn't helping. She looks at me like I’m a failing battery because I haven't 'jumpstarted' Nadine’s magic yet. I just want her to be happy, whether she’s casting spells or... I don't know, becoming a professional grilled-cheese chef.
Lyn: Speaking of the Great Auntie War—Alicia and Winona are barely speaking unless it’s to argue over who gets to babysit. Is Household #5 officially a neutral zone, or are we picking sides?
Natasha: Neutral. Strictly. If Alicia brings one more 'Imperial Decree' into this kitchen, I’m using it as a coaster. We love them both, but they need to remember that Nadine is a person, not a legacy piece.
Jensen: I'm with your mother. Though, if Winona could teach Nadine a 'Sleep Through the Night' charm, I might be persuaded to lean her way for a weekend. I’m kidding! Mostly.
Lyn: Final question: What do you hope Nadine's future actually looks like, once the dust from the 12th generation settles?
Natasha: I hope she’s as independent as you are, Lyn. I hope she keeps her own name—or picks a new one—and lives a life that isn't dictated by a family tree.
Jensen: I just hope she doesn't inherit my luck with sourdough. The world has enough burnt toast.
The Historian’s Sidebar:
The "Tug-of-War" is Real: It’s clear my parents are feeling the heat from the sisters. Alicia wants a Queen; Winona wants a Sorceress.
The Tolbert Legacy: Mom mentioning my independence is a subtle dig at the "McLean" naming obsession. She’s proud of the Tolbert name.
Jensen’s Sourdough: Still a disaster. Some things even magic can't fix.
No comments:
Post a Comment